You may or may not be aware that the publishing industry is in a state of flux. Ereaders and indie authors have permanently altered the book lover's landscape and book bloggers are becoming an increasingly integral part of the reading conversation. That Amazon bought Goodreads. last Thursday highlights the value that the publishing industry places on independent reviewers of books. Lots of book bloggers hang out on Goodreads. How all this will shake down is anyone's guess, but my bet is that book bloggers are here to stay. So I hope you'll enjoying learning more about who they are and what drives them in this series of interviews that I'll be hosting through the end of April.
Justine Vandale talks about her Shelves of Books Blog
1. Introduce Yourself. Hey I'm Justine. I am 23 years old and I recently married my high school sweetheart on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. I love reading books!!! I mostly read YA and biographies but have recently started getting out of my comfort zone and reading other genres. I am also an animal lover. I have a pug/ cocker spaniel named Steve and a cat named Obie.
2. Coffee or Tea or Water? Espresso, Drip, Instant, or French Press? Bag or Looseleaf? Bottled, Filtered, Tap or Rainwater? TEA!!! I hate coffee it's so bitter. Ill pretty much drink any kind of tea except for fruity flavors.
3. Why do you blog about books? I started a blog for all of my reviews because I noticed that lots of other reviews have them and I wanted in on it.
4. What inspired the design of your site? Mine is pretty generic. But I have shelves of books so that where I got the name from.
5. What is your favorite thing about book blogging? I love having people come and read my posts and leave a comment.
6. How do you decide which books to read? Before I would read just what I wanted but then I became hard to pick a book to read so I started joining book clubs and blog tours to expand my horizons.
7. How much time do you invest reading and blogging? I spend a ton of time reading! I read whenever I have spare time. I only blog when I have reviews or blog tours. I don't blog random stuff. I'd rather use that time to read :)
8. Care to comment on the Alice Hoffman quote: Books may well be the only magic? It's true. Books take you places in your imagination that you didn't know were even possible. They also make you feel emotions you have never experienced.
9. On a scale of 1-10, how eccentric are you? 10 being VERY… Maybe a 5/10. I'm too crazy but I'm not too tame. Lol
10. Is there anything else we need to know about you? I think that pretty much covers it but if you want to know anything else let me know.
One of the really cool things on Shelves of Books is the mini-banner across the top of the page that links to Justine's Goodreads reviews of her favorite books with a single click. That should help any reader find their next great read!
Justine, thank you for letting us get to know you better.